This section was designed to give people useful information.
BUT as always any true emergency call 911.
Resources for Talking with children About The Political World we are living in.
From the Fayerweather Street School, Cambridge, Massachusetts. A leader in elementary education. News can be confusing, stressful, and scary. Below is a short list of resources to help guide conversations around recent events with your child(ren).
- Children’s Book Read-Aloud: The Breaking News by Sarah Lynne Reul
- Article: What To Say To Kids When The News Is Scary
- Resource: Talking to Children About Violence: Tips for Parents and Teachers
- Resource: Democracy Doodles with Mo Williems and the National Symphony Orchestra
- Article: How to Talk with Your Children about Racism
- Article: Talking To Kids About the Attack on the Capitol
- Article: How to Talk with Your Kids about the Violence on January 6 in DC